Unknown to most people is that there are different types of silver material used to make bracelets. Understanding the characteristics of each of them will help you to make an informed decision. Let us look at two of the most common materials in this brief post.

bracelet2

Britannia Silver

95.8% of any bracelet that is made using this material is pure silver, which is enhanced by, been alloyed with copper. Most of the companies that make bracelets using it mark their products with the number 958 as a way of showing the purity level of the silver used. So, make sure that you check if this number is on the material.

Sterling Sliver

Most of the bracelets that are made using this material are fairly priced. Sterling silver has a purity percentage of 92.5%. Just like the previous type, it is alloyed with other metals such as copper to make it stand out from the crowd. It is important to point out that this is one of the oldest type of alloy to be used in making jewelry.

Coin Silver

As the name suggests, this type of silver is not widely used in the production of bracelets. The mixture is composed of 90% silver and the remaining 10% is copper. If you want to indulge in the business of selling silver, note that this is the lowest level of silver that you will be allowed to sell in United States.

These are the three main types of silver that you should keep in mind when going shopping for bracelets.